Re: IC 2000 (wasThe RhB rail car revolution begins...)

gordonwis

--- In SwissRail@..., "Fionnbarr Kennedy" <mail@...> wrote:

The one drawback I find to these sets is how quickly their interiors
are wearing: they dont seem to last nearly as well as some of their
predecessors. Anyone have any notion why?

They seem to me to be built with cheap materials.
I think this is tied in with my complaint about lack of comfort (cheap
= thin and hard in most cases). IMHO the materials used are
disappointingly 'cheap and cheeaful', and I am surprised that the Swiss
should adopt such a 'false economy' (as I am certain these interiors
will need refurbishing soon - ie money will be spent twice when better
materials in the first place would have saved the refurbishment
spend.