Re: Gipfeli Express

csipromo

--- In SwissRail@..., "Andrew Moglestue" <amogles@...>
wrote:

--- In SwissRail@..., Neil Larry <nl12lda@> wrote:

Since the demise of the quality catering on Einsiedeln service
can
anyone update me further, is it still a hauled service or now
operated
by units? If it is still hauled what can be expected these days.
Neil
As far as I am aware it is still loco-hauled. Traction is typically
one
of the four SOB ex-SBB Re4/4 iv units and the stock is typically
still
a mixed set of SBB EWI/II with the different refurbishment
variants.

I guess that its just not economic to roster new units onto a turn
that
spends mots of the day parked up in sidings. I suppose the current
consist will continue as long as SBB is prepared to provide those
coaches.

Andrew
Here is what I could find out:

http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/traininfo.exe/dn/820479/275757/377576/84705
/95?
seqnr=4&ident=k8.029134220.1232131712&date=19.01.09&station_evaId=8503
283&station_type=dep&journeyStartIdx=0&journeyEndIdx=10&

The S18044 makes the run in 1:09. The train is not listed on
reisezuege.ch. From what I can tell, it is still composed of a Re 446
and SBB and SOB rolling stock. I do not know if SBB EWII Comfort
coaches are still used or whether it is a combination of IR and S-
Bahn (NPZ) coaches.

I will look into this for you and report back.