Re: Swiss train and bus adventure

csipromo

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN" <hage.ny@...> wrote:

Hello and good day,

We will be spending eight days in Switzerland in September. Plan on
purchasing a euro pass. Do we have to have Italy listed on the pass
if
we travel by Post bus from Ticano to Lugano and on the Centovalli?

Looking forward to this exciting adventure!

Thanks,

John
John,

you have the option of either a Eurailpass, a Swiss Rail Card or a Pass
for Switzerland and one or two countries. AFAIR, the Swiss Rail Card
was accepted on the SSIF/FART to Domodossola, but the last time I took
that route was in the mid 1980s.

From the US, check here:
http://www.raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/

or http://www.swisstravelsystem.com/
and www.myswitzerland.com

The Swiss Rail Card does offer more discounts and other advantages than
the Eurailpass, ie Buses and Trams in major cities are included.