OT Yahoo Groups oddities [WAS: Re: Jungfraubahn half-price offer]

Rob

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, Markus <guerbetaler@...> wrote:

E-mail addresses are not fully displayed if you are NOT logged in. Click
"Sign In" at the top of the page and you will see the mail address in full.

Markus, Gürbetal

(and maybe you can now read the "ue" in Gürbetal, as I send this message
in ISO-8859-1 instead of the worldwide usual UTF-8)
Sorry, but one needs to fulfil more conditions than just signing in. I do so to read my subscribed Yahoo Groups on their website, and like previous posters reported, email addresses are *always* truncated and *some* posters' use of accented characters is rendered as code instead. Don't know what those additional conditions are - choice of 'view' type in Yahoo preferences??

(Don't ask me the technicalities, but FWIW I use the ALT+4 digit number method of inserting accented characters from my UK English keyboard - for example ALT+0252 = u + umlaut which would give "Gürbetal" )

Robert