Re: ZB unit invasion starts

George Raymond

My understanding was that if/when the proposed gauge changing stock is
introduced then the GP services will run from Montreux to Luzern
throughout with the same stock.
It can not achieve this. Trains from Interlaken to Luzern need to be
fully rack-fitted (i.e. all coaches engage the rack, not just the loco!)
for braking purposes. With the gauge-change system, there is no way the
cog can be fitted to the stock. Montreux to Interlaken, then change to a
second train!
In any case, I have read that only a small proportion of travellers want to
go directly from Montreux to Luzern; most want to stop in Interlaken, and
the Jungfrau Region surely wants to keep it that way.

George