Re: SBB Station Bells (Glocken)

Rob

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, Guerbetaler <muesche2-swissrail@...> wrote:

Am 24.06.2012 17:41, schrieb Rob Smart:
I'm interested to know a bit more about the station bells seen at SBB
stations were used, e.g. ring patterns, how long before the arrival of a
train, etc.?
There was a big variety of station bells and what RhB had, could also
been found on SBB stations and on many other railways.
<snip>
In the station where my father was station master, the bell rang, when a
train left a station. When a train left station A to station B, the bell
"B" in station A rang at the same time as bell "A" in station B.
<snip>
Markus, G├╝rbetal
Who/What triggered the ringing - the station staff at the departure station or some sort of track trigger operated by the passing of the train itself without need for human intervention?

Robert