Visit to Bellinzona

John Lovda

I have been to Bellinzona three times to take pictures but my visits to the depot have been limited to the parking lot at the north end where all the damaged locomotives sit. Has anybody been able to get inside to see repair work being done? Is there a particular person to contact? I have had luck at SBB/Erstfeld and BLS/Spiez but was refused at CFF/Yverdon. Is it the language or just the policy of the depot? Probably the best trip to Switzerland I ever took was in Sept. of 2005 when the SBB held an open house of about 10 depots around the country over a Saturday/Sunday weekend. It was simply heaven.