Re: Apple and the SBB clock

timngoodwin

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "csipromo" <csipromo@...> wrote:

The clock is registered as a trademark, an image that is associated with the company (the brand), similar to the way that the M is associated with Migros or with McDonald's depending on the design.

This is itself quite interesting. Trademarks for a logo or brand are sought when there is a strong association to a particular product or organisation. Does the Swiss railways clock associate with SBB in people's mind, or with Switzerland? For me it's the latter.

Secondly, does this mean that all of the other railway companies in Switzerland have to ask SBB for a licence to use the clock design at their stations?

In any case, I wish Google would do the same as Apple and create an Android version :-)

Regards,
Tim.