Re: BBC commentary on Swiss Railway Ticketing

Krist van Besien

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:10 AM, Bill Bolton <billbolton.email@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 06:35:54 +0100, Krist wrote:

However, if the ticket machine isn't working than you should just go
to the conductor straightaway
What was it you did not understand about....

"by the time I got on the intercity to Geneva I had an e-ticket and I
proudly showed it to the conductor."?!?
What I understand is that she bought the ticket after she had started
travelling. And that is indeed not allowed. That is in fact not even a
new rule, and it would have gotten her in trouble two years ago too.
That SBB ignored the fact that the ticket machine was inoperative is
also something I find hard to believe. I have been in exactly such a
situation. And my statement that the machine didn't work was accepted
without much ado.
I must say however, that non functioning ticket machines are not
something I have a lot of experience with. I have only encountered one
in my 10 years in Switzerland, and last weekend I encountered a non
functioning ticket validator for the first time.

Krist
--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org