Re: BBC commentary on Swiss Railway Ticketing

Krist van Besien

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Guerbetaler <muesche2-swissrail@yahoo.de> wrote:

I expect conductors to distinguish between people without ticket at all
and people having bought a ticket but perhaps the wrong one or having
forgotten something. If I forget my Generalabonnement at home, I will
pay CHF 5.00, which is a fair price for my fault. But paying the whole
journey only because the hotel has retained the passports, *is* wrong.
The conductor can verify the "I've forgotten my GA" story, as he can
look that up in the system. All you need to do is show an ID. However,
the conductor cannot verify the "the hotel has kept our passports"
story. That is the different.
If we tell conductors to accept a good story at face value we again
open the doors for all kinds of possibilities to defraud the system.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org