Re: BBC commentary on Swiss Railway Ticketing

John Lovda

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "David Adams" wrote:

Following the many comments made on this subject in recent days I would add the following.
It appears the SBB is more interested in catching someone than keeping him off the train in the first place. I have been to Switzerland over 15 times using Swiss Passes and the conductors looked at the date for three seconds and gave the document back to me. I have taken the S Bahn from Greifensee many times at night and only once was I caught in a ticket "sweep." Again, no problem with my Swiss Pass. A few years ago I bought a one way ticket to the airport and forgot to stamp it before getting on. The conductor kindly wrote the date and time with a pen in the box and went on. Maybe he knew he couldn't do much with me since I was leaving the country.