Re: BBC commentary on Swiss Railway Ticketing

Krist van Besien

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 6:55 AM, Bill Bolton <billbolton.email@gmail.com> wrote:
So, if they are "professional" fare evaders, it should be quite simple
to identify them and treat them appropriately given all the technology
that it is asserted a SBB conductor has access to..... instead of
penalising ordinary citizens in the ways detailed by numrous posters
here already.
And how should this be done, in your opinion? SBB conductors don't
have lie detectors on them.

I don't think many ordinary citizens are being unjustly punished here.
The stories I have heard so far seem to mostly fall in the category of
passengers being sloppy in the assumption they could get away with it
if they tell a good story. Afterwards this story is then repeated to
the press in a way that makes it appear the the passenger is
completely innocent...

Always be very sceptical of what you read in the newspaper or hear on
TV. I have in my life been witness to several events that made it in
to the media, and never have I seen a reporter getting all the facts
right. Never.
So I doubt there are many instances of "innocent people" being penalised.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org