Re: SBB 2014 timetable changes

Martin Baumann

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chris_j_wood@...> wrote:

hourly InterRegio between Basle and Zurich Airport that avoids Hauptbahnhof altogether, running via the direct link from Altsetetten to the Käferberg tunnel. I think these are the only passenger trains to use that link.

That is correct now. In previous years there were peak hour extra trains on this route doing such things as Altstetten-Schaffhausen and there was a very early through train from Bern direct to Zürich Flughafen.

It is frequently used for diversions if there is a problem on another route. For instance on 09.01.2012 I had 450 085 (S12) from Winterthur to Altstetten via Flughafen and this section of track due to a line closure at Stettbach