Re: Loco-hauled Gotthard EC services

timngoodwin

--- In SwissRail@..., Gordon Wiseman <gordonwis@...> wrote:
Have a hunt around for train formations on Reisezuege.ch

train 114 =
http://www.reisezuege.ch/reisezuege/index.php?action=5&znummer=114
Thanks very much both of you. I was unaware of the service from Luzern. This is perfect as it follows the southbound IR service, which I will catch from Erstfeld to Bellinzona and then change to the EC running 10 minutes behind it, to continue to Milan.

There is only a 10 minute wait at Chiasso on this service for the loco change. Is it possible to purchase an onward ticket from Chiasso to Milan onboard the train, or will I have to rush out at Chiasso and purchase one? I will be travelling on a Swiss Pass within Switzerland.

Regards,
Tim.