Re: Trams diverted away from Basel SBB

Simon

Surprised big diversions like these haven't happen more often in the last
few years.

Basel is currently attempting to break the world record for the most number
of roads being dug up in the city, at the same time. This attempt is running
concurrently with another attempt to spend as long as possible not filling
in the holes generated by the other record attempt.

They have been replacing the water pipes in the road outside my apartment
for TWO YEARS; and they haven't finished yet !!

I could have done the job, on my own, with a wobbly plastic spoon faster
than the army of orange jacket wearing slackers who stroll around all day
playing with the diggers/rollers/dumpers etc.

<rant over>