Securitas train in Bern

George Raymond

Past posts here have described the Securitas “jail rail” train, a
self-propelled railcar and a windowless driving carriage marked Securitas
for the transport of prisoners. Today about 11:15, I saw it pass westbound
under the Bühlstrasse bridge just west of Bern station. The short train
moved on a left-hand turnout from track 1 onto the southernmost track and
was still waiting there 10 minutes later when I had to continue to an
appointment. I can imagine that for security’s sake, each run is planned
individually and confidentially.

George