Re: Swiss Franc

John Lovda

Being an American, these rumours are not part of daily life. Even changing money is a difficult process. Unlike Europe, there are no Change businesses on every corner and your local bank branch would have to "order" your foreign notes from the main office with a day or so delay. I apologize for venting my frustration here but it really doesn't matter if Mickey Mouse changed the rate. I won't be going back for quite awhile now and I'm depressed.

Also, found on Yahoo.

Peter Spuhler, chief executive of Stadler Rail, which exports half of its trains abroad, described the sudden announcement as "shock therapy" for industry.
"The only thing you can do in the short term is relocate part of the production process abroad. Otherwise you have no chance and you don't get the orders," he told Swiss television.