Re: An old picture of Zurich Main Station

John Lovda

Max: Here is something to squint at. Look at the Re4/4 II on the next track. There appears to be a man with a strange uniform. Military style hat but he seems to be wearing a coat with a white front and horizontal red stripes. A porter? Restaurant car employee?

The problem with these old photos was that my obsession with Swiss train photography increased in an exponential fashion over time and I did not take that many pictures in the beginning. My skills were not great either. This shot might have been taken on our honeymoon in 76. My wife would occasionally get quite upset with me for spending too much time hanging out an open train window with my camera. In the 90's and 00's I went alone just for photography.