Re: Signalling question

glenn allen

On Monday, 27 April 2015, 22:07, "Guerbetaler [SwissRail]" <> wrote:

There are procedures, <snip>.

Markus, G├╝rbetal

If it is the same as the UK then a lot would ride on the proving of the points, if you cannot guarantee the interlocking then you will not be going anywhere. A signal failure on the High Speed Line in the UK is dealt with by a procedure FREP, giving the driver authority to drive on sight and pass a closed Non-Passable block section marker, but only at 30kph maximum. On normally signalled lines, you could institute temporary block section working with the appropriate paperwork. But you would need clamped points and manned level crossing gates.
On KVB equipped lines the form is 'FASI' same speed restrictions.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.