Erstfeld changes

John Lovda

Can anyone help me out here before I leave on Monday?

Thanks

I will be going to Switzerland next week including the GBT opening on June 5. I have not been there for five years but was lucky enough to climb the observation tower then. I have a question about the Erstfeld depot. Google Earth has a picture of the Erstfeld Depot office that is three years old. What has happened to the area around the model railroad club, the parking lot and the spot where the crocodile monument was? I see some of the tracks are torn out as well.

Also, there was a large locomotive parking area on the north side of Schlossbergstrasse. Is it still there? I would like to go there before the big event when it will be quiet ASSUMING there is anything still left to see.