Re 460 paint

John Lovda

One other comment about something I saw....

At the Zurich HB there was an 460 that had a new or almost new paint job. I don't remember the number but it had a large SBB logo on the nose. It looked (to my eyes) quite bad. The paint had a very high gloss finish instead of the satin or flat finish I am used to seeing. I almost looked like a cheap auto body repair job I see in the US. Every ripple and imperfection in the side of the body would clearly stand out. I sure hope they don't do this to all the other 460's going in for an R3 overhaul.