Ancien Tunnel de Vauderens - Bern to Lausanne main line

Christopher

Hello,

From the Schweers and Wall atlas, I know that there is a bypassed, original tunnel near Vauderens on the Bern - Lausanne main line. It is marked as being 921m in length, and was obviously replaced at a later date by the present 1975m Tunnel de Vauderens on a straighter alignment.

On an IR from Bern to Lausanne last October I looked out for any traces of the disused, original tunnel on either side of the present one, but could see nothing apart from what may have been a trace of an original, approach track bed in fields on the Lausanne side. Does the original Vauderens tunnel still exist, and if yes, what is it being used for now?

Cheers,

Chris