Re: Motor coaches are locomotives

Guerbetaler

Am 18.10.2018 um 23:59 schrieb Martin Baumann:
By "bashing" I assume you mean criticism/dislike.
Yes, which is, as far as I know, the normal use in English.

I disagree with the classification of motor coaches as locomotives.
Now, my statement wasn't meant as a classification but rather
as a titel for the photo linked, which shows a motor coach
working *as* a locomotive.

For the rest, I would be glad if there would be a clear classification, what a locomotive is. There are too many motor coaches numbered as locomotives and too many locomotives numbered as motor coaches.
- DB ICE-1 and ICE-2 locomotives
- DB 91 80 0 445 ...
- ÖBB 4061/1016
- SBB Re 450, first planned as RDe 4/4