Re: Motor coaches are locomotives

Rob V

On 17/10/2018 17:00, Martin Baumann wrote:

That comment would start a riot on a British railway forum I am on.
Vehicles such as the RBe 4/4 or the MGB Deh 4/4 are not locomotives
and are not classified as such in Switzerland.
Even the Swiss think they are EMUs, hence the '94' exchange code ;-)

Slightly off-topic, the DB Regio Class 445 power cars are registered as locomotives by the EBA and consequently have a '91' exchange code...

Cheers,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or, indeed, why it should be necessary to prove it at all." - Avon, Blake's 7