Re: MGB loks 21-24

gordonwis

Since the arrival of the EMUs on the Zermatt line, 21 - 24 can appear at any time anywhere really.
(For some reason there are one of my favourite types of Swiss motive power, possibly due to them being ever present on my fondly remembered all family trips to Zermatt over the last 15 or so years, especially one trip when one of them spent most of the week constantly visiting the siding within spitting distance of my Zermatt Ambassador hotel room balcony.)

For example, 23 was out and about above Disentis a few summers ago when we were camping near Disentis.

More recently, in April 2019 during my enforced longer than expected time in the Visp/Brig area, as it was my first visit to the Visp area for a few years, on 11 April when I saw 22 in the dept at Glisergrund I thought - “oh well - it doesn’t look very active - they’re probably only used in emergency these days” - only for it to pop up on a passenger working at Brig the next day. Similarly, later that week, having got use to most Deh worked trains being in the hands of the 51 or 91series, suddenly on 16 April at Visp, 21 appeared working a train at around 10.00 then 22 also appeared at 13.15 the same day on a working to Zermatt.