Re: Driver killed in BLS collision in Germany

csipromo

Tobias Schmidt captured a shot of the train involved shortly before the accident. He posted the photo in black and white on bahnbilder.de, which I think is a suitable memoriam to the locomotive and the driver who died.

https://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/schweiz~e-loks~re-485-bls-traxx-f140-ac1/1200790/aus-aktuellem-anlass-moechte-ich-hier.html

My condolences to the family of the driver and to those injured in the accident.

I am also curious about how the leading ROLA car went completely under the train's couchette coach. Does this indicate some problem with the design of the coupler and buffer system of the ROLA cars?