Re: Narrow gauge train by Wohlen

Guerbetaler

Am 10.04.2020 um 17:47 schrieb John Lovda via groups.io:
I have been watching YouTube videos of SBB train cab rides. On a
video riding S25 the train passed some narrow gauge tracks going off
from Wohlen. I followed these tracks on Google Maps and they seem to
lead to Bremgarten. What railroad is this? Is it passenger or freight
only? Anything interesting on this route?
The tracks belong to the AVA-line S17 Dietikon - Bremgarten AG - Wohlen, former BDWM transport, former Bremgarten-Dietikon-Bahn (BD), opened in 1902 for Dietikon - Bremgarten and 1912 for Bremgarten - Wohlen. This bit was between Bremgarten West and Wohlen erected by putting a third rail to the existing standard gauge track, which persisted for freight traffic. All rail freight traffic between Dietikon and Wohlen has ceased and the standard gauge track was lifted last year.

Second question. When an S Bahn train is heading toward Zürich HB
after stopping at Stadelhofen can it only go to the Museumstrasse
Station (41-44) or is there a switch in the tunnel allowing it to go
to the Lowenstrasse Station (31-34) as well?
No, there is no connection.