Re: Narrow gauge train by Wohlen

csipromo

I remember looking into this when I saw the WM (Wohlen-Meisterschwanden) Triebwagen that Hag used to offer. That part of Switzerland was one that I had not visited when we lived there, so I was unfamiliar with the railroad. The WM and BD at some point merged to form BDWM (Bremgarten-Dietikon-Wohlen-Meisterschwarden Bahn). The line from Dietikon to Bremgarten was narrow gauge. The line from Wohlen to Meisterschwanden was normal gauge.

At some point in the 1990s, the WM line to (Fahrwangen) Meisterschwanden was abandoned (at Villmergen), the rolling stock initially went to the SOB (2 BDe 4/4 and a single Bt Pilot coach). One BDe 4/4 went to DSF. I am not certain whether the second one was used for parts or went intact elsewhere. The pilot coach remained in use by the SOB as BDt 199 until it's withdrawal.

<http://www.eingestellte-bahnen.ch/23011/23032.html>

I remember noting the narrow gauge tracks in Dietikon. That was my only actual experience of this railroad.