Re: Voralpen Express coaches sold to Hungary

OL.Guerbetal

Am 16.04.2020 um 22:45 schrieb Mick Sasse:
I think heating generator coaches are quite common in Hungary, though
I couldn't comment on what voltage they produce.
The standard in 50 Hz countries is 1500 V. Only the 16.7 Hz countries (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Norway, Sweden) have 1000 V. But I think Hungary was partly an exception because of its very early 50 Hz electrification and the traditional connection with Austria. And GySEV had bought many Austrian Schlieren coaches. They also go on 1000 V.

From what I read it could be that the VAE coaches replace Schlieren coaches.

Markus, G├╝rbetal