Re: BVB

gordonwis

On Thursday, 16 April 2020, 20:55:33 BST, John Lovda wrote:
I wonder if the train driver has to use the horn a lot
No. Street railways operate in the same way as urban tramways. No warning sound used unless needed.

I've travelled this line many times. The Bex town street section of the Bex - Villars - Bretaye railway was used by both 'through' trains and a local town service considered as an urban tramway (table 6 in the Swiss Kursbuch was labelled 'Tramway local Bex- BĂ©vieux') with regular service until 2002, using small tram vehicles.