Re: BLS Re 4/4

Guerbetaler

Am 06.06.2020 um 18:20 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
Will the MOB variable gauge trains replace the current Re 420.5 EWIII sets on the Goldenpass?
yes, they will

I was also curious as to whether they will do the run from Montreux (MOB) to Interlaken Ost (BLS) only
yes

or whether they will once again regauge and continue along the ZB all the way to Luzern?
no, they don't have cogwheels

Would it not have been cheaper to simply install a third rail from Zweisimmen to Interlaken?
no, that would have been much more expensive. Don't forget all the three-rail switches necessary. And the platforms on standard gauge are at 55 cm, but at 35 cm on meter gauge.

I guess that if Re 465 take over the Goldenpass, that the Re 420.5 will most likely head into oblivion.
I also guess, they will.