Re: BLS Re 4/4

Krist van Besien

On rack railways the coaches have cogs as well (at least one), on order to be able to contribute to braking on the way down. The glacier express coaches have cogs for example.

They did study the option of converting the Zweisimmen - Spiez railway to narrow gauge, and adding a third rail till Interlaken. but the problem was crossing Spies, for which they did not manage to come up with a good solution.

Krist

On Jun 7, 2020, 18:40 +0200, csipromo via groups.io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io>, wrote:
I don't understand your comment on the MOB coach sets. As far as I knew, the Bruenig trains had locomotives with cog equipment and the coaches were simply running on their wheels. Do the coaches also engage the cogs?