RhB : 701

David Prior

I didn’t notice at the time, but 701 went into Landquart for attention after working diagram #202 on 14th July.

Initially it was under periodic inspection (“Bestellter Fz“), and due out on 5305 diagram #204 the next day, which was indeed shown on the diagrams for 15th.

Seems it didn’t make it back out, and from 16th it became shown as “Reparatur”.

It is now listed as “Abgestellt” ... switched off, or potentially a kind of “stored (un?)serviceable” status.

Does anyone know more - might we have seen the last of it in operation ?