Re: Issues with railway photography in CH?

gordonwis

On Tuesday, 4 August 2020, 14:43:53 BST, Andrew Moglestue via groups.io <amogles=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I wonder how they define photography for private use. Many railway photographers these days share their photos on playces like Flickr, Facebook or DeviantArt, or have their own private photo sites.
Would that still be private use, or could you get into trouble with SBB over that?

Sharing photos you have taken as a private individual is still essentially private use. The rule (as I think has already been mentioned by Marcus) is to prevent huge loads of film-crew level paraphernalia being set up adjacent to the railway

And 'sharing' is hardly a new phenomenon. Any photo taken by a private individual and then published, say in Eisenbahn Amateur in 1975, is still 'sharing'.