Photo (Railpictures.net)

csipromo

Jean-Marc Frybourg posted a photo that supposedly shows Re 6/6 11605 with only half of it's superstructure, taken at Bellinzona shops in Summer 1981.
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/752729/

I could only find three locomotives involved in serious accidents around that time, of which only the first, 11630 in 1980, fits that period. The others were 11611 in 1986 and 11638 in 1990. I thought that with the date of 1981, this could be 11630, but there are clearly markings that say 605 and 005 on the chassis seen in the photo.

Does anybody have any information as to why a 6 year old locomotive needed such repairs or could this be the 11630?