Re: Photo (Railpictures.net)

Guerbetaler

Am 02.11.2020 um 05:29 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
I thought that with the date of 1981, this could be 11630, but there
are clearly markings that say 605 and 005 on the chassis seen in the
photo. Does anybody have any information as to why a 6 year old
locomotive needed such repairs or could this be the 11630?
I can't imagine anything else than this being 11630. According to EA 10/1980 this locomotive was brought to Bellinzona for repair. It arrived there on 8 Sept 1980. Danuser/Streiff say building a new carbody by SLM had been found too expensive and that SBB repaired the locomotive. All this fits perfectly with the picture in question. 605 and 005 seem to be markings for the workforce and mislead the writer of the caption to think it had a relation to the locomotive number 11605, which was pure speculation. Danuser/Streiff list all heavy repairs but nothing about 11605.

Markus, G├╝rbetal