Re: Two MUTZ caught in a KISS

Guerbetaler

Am 03.01.2021 um 21:54 schrieb Andy:
So where was the mistletoe?
I wonder if you are using the old method from the Canadian posting
site; that site used "[url]" & "[/url]" to surround images you wanted
to post to it, Groups i.o. doesn't. Just pop the URL into the text
and we can use that to go and see them ourselves in our own browsers.
Unfortunately this isn't the case. The comma in the URL causes problems if you look at the message online. But when reading the massage in Thunderbird, everything works o.k. It might be groups.io's software that causes the problem.

Fwiw, free groups on .i.o now have a very limited space allocation for
images, so best just to refer to images in future; I think you'll find
we'll have to from now on, especially for 'brief-life' news stories.
Of course, I could be wrong, (and will no doubt be told so if I am),
but that's what I've gathered from other i.o. groups...
We have 1 GB free. Until now we use a total of 637 MB. This includes everything importe from the old Yahoo group, and all files since 2000.
Attachments: 21 MB - 2% of 1GB
Photos: 463 MB - 46% of 1GB
Files: 153 MB - 15% of 1GB

It's not a bad idea to post links to photos that are somewhere else. We might also, at some point, delete some older content.

Additional space is quite expensive, it cost 220$ a year and then it's only 20 GB. Not very impressing if I compare with the costs of 1 TB elsewhere. But so far I'm glad to have groups.io as a system. It's not the idea to make it a photo album...

This is why I will not allow attachments of more than 500 KB.

We currently have 664 members.

Markus, G├╝rbetal, group-owner