Re: Gotthardbahn

Ewan Tait

On 24 Jan 2021, at 16:03, csipromo via groups.io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I was under the understanding that there were still freights over the old route if those trains included loads that were not authorized for the base tunnel. I don't know if this has changed over the past few years.
Upon opening, all freight was authorised for the GBT as far as I’m aware.

Subsequently a problem arose with aggregate trains as the dust that they produce was causing following trains to overheat. Aggregate trains were, when I looked a few years ago, going over the mountain route. But there was only ever one or two a day in each direction.

Cheers,
Ewan

--
http://ewan.me.uk