Re: SBB Cargo "iL" logo

Guerbetaler

Am 18.03.2021 um 15:19 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
SBB seems committed to keeping 482 000-34, but are seeking to divest 482 035-49. More info on the policy would be helpful
I find it strange that SBB leased MRCE 185 identical to these Re 482 while trying to dispose of their own locos.
From what I know 482 035-049 were built in Italy (Vado Ligure) and differ in too many things from the (German) Traxx standard design. At some point it seemed impossible to fit these locomotives with ETCS baseline 3 and this was the point where SBBC decided to get rid of these locomotives. Even more as they belong to SBBC and interoperability is rather the interest of SBBIN. All the Vectrons are leased by SBBIN, not SBBC. SBBIN doesn't own of a single vehicle...

Moreover SBBIN needs locomotives that can also be operated under 3 kV dc. Thus it's logical to sell locomotives for ac-only use.

However, I learned that some of the locomotives sold will be upgraded to ETCS baseline 3. The original reason, why they should be sold, seems to have gone.

Markus, G├╝rbetal