Re: [Swiss Rail] railway rescue cranes Ep. IV - V- VI SBB

tms460

Thank you information.

The links below confirms my assumption as there is no railway rescue cranes as such on Swiss rail network.

Only "Bau Groosse Kranes" are used in case of need plus truck mobile ones.

On Thursday, 15 April 2021, 03:37:50 CEST, csipromo via groups.io <csipromo@...> wrote:

There are a couple of photos of cranes at www.railfaneurope.net under http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/work/crane/pix.html and rescue trains at http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/work/rescue/pix.html

I do not see photos of a rescue train with a crane attached.

I found this entry for Hilfszug on Wikipedia. There is a section on the SBB
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilfszug_(Eisenbahn)

In case of heavier work, the SBB might request a private company like Vanoli or Sersa come to their assistance with one of their Kirov cranes
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/private/work/Vanoli/vanoli20021226564.jpg
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/private/work/Vanoli/vanoli20021226587.jpg
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/private/work/Sersa/crane/KRC458-2S_180402-17rp.jpg

Here is a photo of a work train, including a crane used to build bridges. It may be SBB or belong to a private company. It does seem to have SBB markings:
https://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/schweiz~e-loks~re-44-ii-sbb-re-420/1191076/bauzug-mit-re-44-ii-11273.html

This might provide more information:
https://www.lokifahrer.ch/Strecken/Intervention/Kranwagen.htm