Re: BLS Liveries

Guerbetaler

Am 11.05.2021 um 15:41 schrieb Alan McMillan:
Has anyone got any information on whether the BLS changed its blue and cream shades when they updated their rolling stock lettering from B L S to BLS Lötschbergbahn? To my eye the earlier blue looks lighter and the cream has a yellowish tint, whereas the newer version's blue appears darker and the cream is more an off-white shade.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLS-Farben

The first blue, applied between 1935 and 1970 was dark, almost violet.

The EW I of 1976/77 seemed to come in a lighter blue.

In 1982 the blue didn't reach as near to the windows as before and the ends of the vehicles bcame all blue. It's possible that this blue was a bit darker than the one of 1976/77, but is clearly not as dark as the version until 1970.

The incriptions changed independetly from the shade of blue, even dark blue emus appeared with [BLS ] Lötschbergbahn inscriptions. The first NPZ delivery still had the conventional wide BLS, SEZ, GBS and BN initials. After 2006 the still remaining coaches got the former RM emblem with "bls" inscription.