Re: RhB : 23401 works passenger special

Guerbetaler

Am 18.06.2021 um 16:30 schrieb Chris Wood via groups.io:
Why did the transfer from Thusis to Bergün have to take place at slow
speed and with the overhead line deactivate?
I couldn't find drawings with measurments but obviously 491 is higher than a Bernina motor coach. The protection bow of the Gem 801-802 is 3820 mm above railhead. 491 was said to be 4000 mm above railhead but in some places the Albula overhead wire would be at 3960 mm.

I'm not sure about these figures but we must believe that 491 is high enough to touch the overhead wire in a few places.