Re: Less travelled narrow gauge trains

Robin Jorimann

Nearer Zurich how about the Forchbahn or Bremgarten - Dietikon?
Wherever you go have a great trip - I am definitely getting withdrawal symptoms!

From: main@SwissRail.groups.io <main@SwissRail.groups.io> on behalf of gordonwis via groups.io <gordonwis@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 11:54:56 PM
To: main@swissrail.groups.io <main@swissrail.groups.io>; main@SwissRail.groups.io <main@SwissRail.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SwissRail] Less travelled narrow gauge trains

Gais - Altstaetten should be near the top of John's list.
In my opinion it is the only section of the Appenzeller Bahnen remaining with any 'character' - the rest is still good for scenic views but the 'supertram' type vehicles are rather 'urban' in style and not as characterful as traditional 'typical Swiss metre gauge railway train' style vehicles were.

Guerbetaler wrote:
... to Gais where the rack railway down to Altstätten branches
off.