Re: Gais - Altstätten Stadt (was Re: Less travelled narrow gauge trains)

Guerbetaler

Am 30.09.2021 um 01:44 schrieb John Lovda via groups.io:
I was planning on taking this route. There was a great YouTube video
going downhill (southwest direction) in the rack section. You have
now thrown a little wrench into the mix. I did not know the SBB
station and Appenzeller Bahn station are not in the same place. How
far is the distance? Is it hilly, flat? Is there a local bus? Would I
be better off taking a dead end ride to Altstätten from the west and
then head back? Are there any other separated stations in this
region?
You can find the timetables for Altstätten Stadt - Altstätten SG (the railway station) in the online timetables. There is a bus connecting with AB, but if the train is late, the bus is gone. It's possible to wlk the distance but it's about 20 min.