Re: Less travelled narrow gauge trains

John Lovda

Thanks for the info. I have decided to take the combination Bex-Villars and Villars-Bretaye rides. According to the SBB schedules, BEX is exactly the same time going either via Lausanne or Visp. Both routes meet in Bern for the same IC-2000 express to back to Zürich. Bex will be a very long day; 07:30 leaving and about 19;30 back home.

I am also going to spend a day on the Appenzeller Bahn. I might begin my day in Gossau to Urnäsch, Appenzell, Gais and Altstätten then return back to Gais and going to St. Gallen. If I want to make it another very long day I might take a detour to Säntis.

Thanks to all for your help. I really appreciate it.

John