Re: Sissach

George Raymond

Am 06.01.2022 um 20:49 schrieb yatton123 via groups.io:

Another query prompted by a photograph - this time it's a photo taken spring 2003 at Sissach.
It shows a Re6 running on track set into a road but parallel with the main Basel - Olten line.
I think it's the line that used to run from Sissach station for about 1.5 km towards Basel (south side of the main line).
Does anyone know what this line served ?

>This track can be seen in the 2000 version of the official maps and disappears in the 2006 version.
>https://map.geo.admin.ch/?>lang=de&topic=ech&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.swissimage&layers=ch.swisstopo.zeitreihen&layers_opacity=1&layers_visibility=true&layers_timestamp=20001231,,,,&E=2627152.88&N=1257329.72&zoom=9

>I don't know what it served for but can hardly imagine anything else than excavation loading.

I recall seeing this track in the road here from 2000 to 2005 (about). Automatic crossing gates prevented road vehicles from using this section in either direction while a train was coming through. They used the track to (un)load some sort of construction materials in open-topped or dry-bulk wagons, perhaps for an upgrade of the motorway that passes overhead. I passed many times on the train, but never on the motorway. Perhaps someone reading this has more information.

Avast logo