Re: Last chance to see...

Bill Bolton

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:17:53 +0100 (BST), Hel�na Morett wrote:

They are getting better, try http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3590137.stm
That's an VERY positive spin on the situation. Most fields have past
peak production and the remaining oil is getting harder and harder to
extract as time passes, even with better extraction technology.

Well some suggest 100 years, either way, lorries can convert to
vegitable based poly-methanol derivatives.
Bio fuels have a very high energy input for their production, even in
high solar input regions. They will certainly be able to keep some
internal combustion transport running but nowhere near the amount we
widely "enjoy" today.

Anyway, it wasn't my intention to hijack the discussion of the more
immediate future look of Swiss rail, so I'll leave the oil discussion
at that.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton