Re: MGB Line into Brig

gordonwis

--- In SwissRail@..., "George Raymond" <george@...> wrote:
For those who want to generate their own nostalgia, this looks like
a good
chance to take some "before" pictures of trains going through
Naters that
can later be paired with "after" pictures from the same viewpoints
when the
tracks have vanished.
I thought about doing that at Easter when I was in and around Brig,
but decided that there wern't that many viewpoints as the line just
runs through houses. The bridge is the best view probably.

I had the rare opportunity to do the opposite in the western
suburbs of
Lausanne in 1987, before they started building the TSOL light rail
line.
That sort of thing is not all that rare is it? I've done lots of that
with the new tram routes in Geneva, Britain and France.

Much rarer is the sequence of shots I shall have when the French La
Cluse - Bellegarde 'Ligne des Carpates' is rebuilt for TGVs to
Geneva. I shall have 'before' - 'after' - 'before' - 'after' photos,
ie trains in service up to 1990, line closed and moribund, prepration
for rebuilt line (now happening), and reopened with TGVs in
service.