Re: Language question II


--- In, "+GF+" <ce68iii@...> wrote:

a "Triebwagen". English and American publications

Names that I have seen or heard in the US = RDC (Rail Diesel Car);
powered coach; DMU (Diesel Multiple Unit); and EMU (Electric
Multiple Unit)

The Budd RDC units were simply referred to as "Dayliners"
Not that that really has anything to do with this thread.
A Triebwagen would be a Powered Coach (Single unit or tractive unit
for a set of coaches)
A Trainset (ACELA, EUROSTAR, TGV) is a Triebzug (not a Triebwagen) in


Mike C

Join to automatically receive all group messages.