Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:36:36 +0100
From: "Markus" <guerbetaler@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Freight on Matterhorn-Gothard Bahn and on the RhB.

Krist van Besien <krist@vanbesien.org> schrieb:
- A significant amount of freigth is transported between Visp and
Zermatt. I got the impression that almost everything is
transshipped in Visp. Although
some metre gauge cars are aparently transported on standard gauge
transporters on the SBB network. Does someone know how far these
travel?
To the other side of Visp station where some industrial
sidings are located
(bere, mineral water and the like)

Guerbetaler

"Kempkens, Klaus" <Klaus.Kempkens@a...> wrote:

Sounds very interesting: Meter gauge car loaded on a standard
gauge car (I only know the other way round). Anyone having
photos of this, and can put them onto the files section ?
No, but BVZ - now MGB - has a photo on it's homepage:

http://www.bvz.ch/zermatt/g_gueterverkehr4_d.html

It is an ancient piggy-back wagon, bought by BVZ and with a
meter gauge track laid in. It can only be loaded/unloaded
from one side, thus use is restricted to Visp area.

The transporter wagons of SBB which are used for delivery and
transfer of meter gauge rolling stock had initially also
been intended for such a use: narrow gauge wagons should be
transferred between Brünig-line and MOB (Interlaken - Zweisimmen)
in cases where other connections were unavailable (WW II).

AFAIK there was nothing more than some tests but still these
vehicles proove to be very useful for other things...

Markus, Gürbetal

Manfred Luckmann

Hi,

"Markus " wrote:
"Kempkens, Klaus" <Klaus.Kempkens@a...> wrote:
Sounds very interesting: Meter gauge car loaded on a standard
gauge car (I only know the other way round). Anyone having
photos of this, and can put them onto the files section ?
No, but BVZ - now MGB - has a photo on it's homepage:

http://www.bvz.ch/zermatt/g_gueterverkehr4_d.html

These is (was ?) also a model of this car available from FriHo
in Lenk (H0, based on a Fleischmann model).

Manfred